This weekend wrapped up the 7th Annual Philadelphia Podcast Festival, a 7-day celebration of local podcasts happening live in front of living, breathing audiences all over the city. Philly turned into an IRL podcast feed with venues like World Cafe Live, Tattooed Mom, the National Liberty Museum, and Victoria Freehouse hosting live installments of Philly pods all week long. This year, Indy Hall got in on the action.
It only makes sense, right? We had to! We just launched our Podcast Junto Membership this Spring, and more than half-a-dozen podcasts are produced right here in our very coworking space – we’re
looking at listening to you, Streets Dept., Hi-Res, Strong Feelings, MISSION Story Slam, Stacking the Bricks, Breaking Mayberry, Comic Book Junto, and Vibes. Even more shows are joining the party every day, with new shows forming and long-running pods hopping into our studio.
We’re like the Voltron of podcasts. Instead of robot lions, every limb is a microphone and a Soundcloud account.
And here we are, dusting ourselves off after 2 full Saturdays of live shows, 15+ hours of recording, and countless new friends. Let’s re-visit our spoils! Listen back to all the shows that recorded here on either Saturday. Discover new, local favorites! Re-visit your favorite moments from the past week+! Get inspired to start your very own show!
Behold, here is the complete and exhaustive list of every dang show hosted here at Indy Hall as part of the 2019 Philadelphia Podcast Festival. Enjoy!
Saturday, July 20th:
- Breaking Mayberry – Two guys watch every episode of The Andy Griffith show to gain some perspective… and end up losing their damn minds. Listen to their live #PhillyPodFest episode.
- MISSION Story Slam – We invite people on a mission to tell their own stories. We record them and post them online to share with family, friends, and supporters. And we have a very very good time. Listen to their live #PhillyPodFest episode.
- The Kevin & Nikee Show – Hosted by multi award-winning actor, Kevin D. Benton and multi award-winning actress, Nikee Warren, we will bring you great music, news, current events, social issues, sports, and celebrity guests! Listen to their live #PhillyPodFest episode.
- Strong Feelings – Best friends and business partners Katel and Sara let it all out in a weekly show about work, friendship, and feminism. Because life’s too short to bottle things up.
- Unboxing Story – Jon and Melissa Matos compare popular fiction with cult classics, fan favorites, and ancient allusions. Join their weekly celebration of good storytelling, and the positive impact stories have on our everyday lives. Listen to their live #PhillyPodFest episode.
- Rhythm & Pixels – Hosts Rob Nichols and Pernell Vaughan pick tracks based on topics and discuss the music and games. It’s a show about music and video games. Most of all, it’s a show about friendship. Listen to their live #PhillyPodFest episode.
- Comic Book Junto – A bi-weekly podcast celebrating and dissecting the Philosophy of Geek Culture. Join Octavius A. Newman and Adam Teterus as they share their love, curiosities, hot takes, and kidneys (for real). Listen to their live #PhillyPodFest episode.
- Cognitive Bias – The Cognitive Bias podcast explores the world of things we do that don’t make any rational sense, one bias at a time. Listen to their live #PhillyPodFest episode.
Saturday, July 27th:
- Flashpoint with Cherri Gregg – Hosted by KYW Newsradio Community Affairs reporter, Cherri Gregg, “Flashpoint” offers context on the week’s headlines with a particular focus on community affairs, political news, civil rights and grassroots issues impacting the Philadelphia area.
- Damsels with Daggers – A realplay RPG podcast with cursed D20s and too much alcohol.
- Film Loop – Film Loop is a movie podcast hosted by GenXer, Victor De Anda and Millennial, Darian Davis. Every episode, each host picks one movie from their past to share with the other, and together they debate and ruminate over their favorite moments as the generations collide!
- Gone Cold: Philadelphia Unsolved Murders – Gone Cold is a true crime podcast about cold cases, from KYW Newsradio. Tom Rickert and Kristen Johanson explore unsolved murder mysteries in and around Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Vibes: Playlist of your Life – What’s the playlist of your life sound like? Each episode will feature 3 songs and 3 stories told by one guest comedian. A soundtrack for each story.
- Stacking the Bricks – If you’re tired of all the buzzwords, boosterism, mythologizing, the cult of overwork in the world of startups, it’s easy to feel like the oddball in the room. We’re here to share the real stories of today’s business bootstrappers: the makers who make their money with products and launches instead of client pitches and hourly consulting.
- Philly Who? – The podcast telling the stories of the doers, thinkers, and performers of Philadelphia. The podcast has been highlighted as one of the most popular podcasts in Philadelphia by Billy Penn and has been highlighted by Philly Voice and Philadelphia Magazine.
Ready to make your own podcast?
Whether you’re looking to take your existing podcast to new heights, bigger audiences and eager sponsors, or you’re tumbling around the idea of starting your first show, you have to check out Indy Hall’s Podcast Junto Membership.
Connect with fellow podcast producers, gain access to equipment that makes your show sound better, learn how to money while growing your audience. See you in the Podcast Junto!