There’s still a ton to do, and more updates will be coming over the next few days. I just wanted to make sure that everyone had a proper update after this weekend’s major work and that there weren’t any surprises on Monday morning!
If you’re coming into Indy Hall tomorrow or anytime over the next few weeks, you’re going to start to notice some new things. Most notably:
- Some new desk layouts in the north hall
- A wooden barrier around the hole for our new staircase
- The wall that previously contained the red archway between the north and south hall is completely gone!
North Hall Reassembly
We put desks back together and made sure there was room for everyone to work, but there’s some things left for you to finish:
- Find/relocate your chair
- Gather your belongings from the north conference room. PLEASE do that ASAP this week so we can return that meeting room to normal operations.
- If you need a power strip to plug into, talk to Adam or myself.
- If there’s an issue with the new layouts or anything else related to putting the north hall back together, let Adam or myself know.
A few more notes about the coming weeks, related to the construction timeline and changes made to the office:
- The current timeline for the stairs has the landing being constructed on the 1st floor on Wednesday and then dimensions being sent to the metalworkers that will be fabricating our stairs. If all goes according to plan, the stairs themselves will be installed on or before May 25th.
- We’re doing everything we can to make sure anything noisy or disruptive is done nights and weekends to minimise disruptions in everyone’s work day. We’ll do our best to post notices about any daytime disruptions at least a day in advance. Apologies in advance for any annoyance this causes. If you start noticing ongoing issues that are disruption to you or your workday – PLEASE contact me directly so we can make things better.
- Everything is temporary. We managed to only lose a single flex desk from the total layout, but that does mean that the floor plans may not be awesome. Have ideas? Let myself and Adam know. But remember that how things are now is temporary – in <4 weeks we’re going to have a lot more space to redistribute through. So if you DON’T like something, let us know but don’t worry too much, it’s likely to change soon. And if you LOVE something about the space, let us know but don’t get too attached to it, it’s possible that it will change soon :)
- Our target for the 1st floor being usable is Friday June 1st. That’s 4 weeks away. Lets ride.
Most of all, thanks, everyone.
I know that change is challenging and sometimes confusing, but the amount of input we’ve had from members so far has been really valuable for us in many ways, including making sure that people are following along and participating.
This is extremely exciting, and I’m looking forward to everything left to do over the next few weeks, months, and beyond.